Meet the Team
Kathryn L. Blake,
President / Owner
Military Pay Specialist for the USAF, Honorably Discharged
Good Conduct Medal
The Air Force Commendation Medal
Accounting clerk for Marvin E. Jones, CPA
General accounting and payroll for business and individual clients
Kathryn Blake was employed by Texas Environmental Management/SA, Inc., a large-scale TxDot landscaping contractor, and one of five closely held corporations for which she acted as CFO. In 2011, these corporation’s total sales exceeded 20 million dollars. In her capacity as CFO, she was responsible for producing financial statements for all corporations as well as being responsible for all day to day accounting processes, both personally and by supervision. Additionally, Kathryn managed all insurance policies and claims, all equipment and all human resource functions as well as day-to-day IT management.
Kathryn Blake formed BXB Group, Inc. as sole owner and acts as President, providing administration and management for the start-up woman-owned, veteran-owned firm.
Richard M. Blake,
Vice President, Contracts Management Division
Certified Engineering Technician (by exam)
After college, began career at Professional Engineering Consultants in Wichita, Kansas in the field engineering division, mostly on large infrastructure construction projects performing preliminary design surveying, construction layout and materials testing, including on the $7million Corp of Engineers’ Eldorado Lake Project and Wichita Airport runway expansion.
Richard Blake left PEC to rejoin his father’s construction firm in Texas, targeting federal construction projects. After 6 years, went solo as D B Specialties.
Richard Blake has spent the past 30+ years contracting primarily to various federal agencies, including the Federal Aviation Administration, U S Army Corp of Engineers, U S Air Force, U S Navy, GSA generally on fixed-fee construction projects but also on supply-type contracts. Hundreds of contracts have been successfully completed ranging from a few thousand dollars to $1,000,000.00 over the past three decades.
Due to physical limitations, scaled back operations of D B Specialties in 2008 primarily focusing on consulting, bid estimating and preparation, and occasional construction and supply contracts.
Richard Blake joined in the formation BXB Group, Inc. as Vice-President of Contracts Management Division to provide administrative support, management, and expertise and consulting on government supply and construction contracts for the start-up woman-owned, veteran-owned firm.
Vice President, Operations
2010 – 2014
Energy Oilfield Services – Burleson, TX:
District Manager: 9-15-13 to 8-25-14
• Manage all aspects of my Multi-Million dollar per year District, including:
o P&L by each product line
o Equipment maintenance
o Inventories at multiple facilities
o HS&E on location, on the road and in our facilities
• Recruit and hire quality service and sales personnel
• Provide detailed reports of assets, product usage and end of job statistics
• These, along with many other responsabilities .
Service Coordinator: 9-1-10 to 9-15-13
• 24 hour coordination of personnel to Bead Recovery and Closed Loop set ups.
• Make sales calls to drilling rigs and energy company offices.
• Coordinate haul trucks and cranes to deliver and rig-up solids control and bead recovery equipment on drilling locations.
• Service and maintain centrifugal pumps, shakers, centrifuges and many other types of oilfield equipment.
• Trouble-shoot and repair electrical, mechanical and design issues
2005 – 2010
Scomi Oiltools – Bridgeport, TX:
Bead Recovery: 1-1-09 to 8-31-10:
• Assisted in the design and fabrication of Scomi Bead Recovery units.
• Train emlpoyees in:
• Operation of Units
• Testing bead content
• Equations needed to add beads: How many and how fast
• Complete rental agreements and oversee completion of daily reports
• Trouble-shoot any problems with units
• Be inovative and create new ways to operate under abnormal conditions
Construction Coordinator: 7-15-07 to 1-1-09
• Oversee, and assist in, rigging up of solids control equipment.
• Coordinate trucking and crane activity for Scomi Oiltools NT.
• Emergency response for drilling mud and other hazardous chemical spills.
Safety Coordinator NT / NM: 3-1-06 to 7-15-07
• Police safety violations on solids control equipment in North Texas and New Mexico.
• Create and implement new safety regulations for NT and NM Districts.
• Document and investigate incidents involving damaged equipment and injured personnel.
• Create and train all employees on monthly safety topics.
Construction crew member: 7-7-05 to 3-1-06
• Assist in rigging up solids control equipment.
• Also required to be innovative in placement and running of equipment in a safe manner.
2001 – 2005
DB Specialties – Alvord, TX
• Produce bids and budgets on mostly government jobs, relating to the construction industry.
• Coordinate delivery of equipment, materials, and personnel to jobsite.
• Oversee and assist in the construction/installation of government projects.
• Create work schedules for the construction of towers, antenna farms, and lightning protection systems.
Vice President, Marketing & Sales
Westwood College – Fort Worth, TX
A.A.S. Graphic Design & Multimedia, March 2005
2008 – Current
Matt Freakin Blake & BxB Group
Freelance Graphic Design & Copywriter, Fort Worth, TX
Complete management of a small design firm, from sales and marketing to operations and production. Working with small business clients to design logos, marketing materials and develop marketing plans. Contributed ideas during strategic and conceptual brainstorming sessions. Create all communications collateral, including web pages, brochures and fliers. Designed collateral for online and print marketing campaigns. Manage social media, online, and traditional ad campaigns.
2005 – 2006
Diamond H Recognition, Fort Worth, TX
Product Photos, Design/Edit brochure layouts, Design/Edit web assets, maintain print production.
• Design brochure covers for customer recognition programs.
• Design custom jewelry pieces for customer recognition programs.
• Edit product photos for display in print and on web.
The Creative Group, Dallas, TX
Freelance Graphic Artist
Work with in house design departments and agencies to produce marketing collateral and design advertisements. Work included assignments with Exacta, Concussion Advertising, Ackerman McQueen and Razor.
• Design posters, rack cards, brochure and outdoor pieces.
• Work with creative directors to build campaigns from conception to completion.
2008 – 2009
Copy Ship & Design HQ, Watauga, TX
Lead Graphic Artist
Work with customers, assisted in preflight, production, design, and bindery.
• Handled customer orders from start to completion.
• Design logos, business cards, apparel, postcards, banners, signs, flyers, window displays and more.
• Quickly and effectively solve customer challenges by discovering best solution to fit their needs.
2007 – 2012
The Creative Rockstar, Fort Worth, TX
Freelance Graphic Artist – Art Director – Photographer
Market work as a freelance artist and photographer. Complete design projects from conception to final production and manage all aspects of design business.
• Work with clients to supply solutions to their marketing needs.
• Produce posters, print ads, cards, other print media, logos, corporate branding and web designs.
In the summer of 2012 Matthew brought his marketing firm, The Creative Rockstar, on as the Marketing & Design division of BxB Group and he became the Vice President of that division. He also acts as the marketing wing of the other divisions of BxB Group.
BxB Group, Inc.
3936 South Hwy 287, Suite 6
Decatur, TX 76234